Indian Polity Constitution
1. The jurisdiction covering the Andaman and Nicobar islands falls under the supervision of __:
- A circuit bench of the Bombay High Court at Port Blair
- A circuit bench of the Madras High Court at Port Blair
- A circuit bench of the Calcutta High Court at Port Blair
- A circuit bench of Supreme Court of India at Port Blair
2. How long a person should have practiced in a High Court to be eligible to be appointed as a Judge of Supreme Court of India?
- 10 Years
- 12 Years
- 15 Years
- 20 Years
3. Via which among the following amendments of the Constitution of India, Delhi was designated as National Capital Territory (NCT)?
- 63rd Amendment Act
- 69th Amendment Act
- 74th Amendment Act
- 76th Amendment Act
4. Which of the following Statements is correct regarding the Election Commission of India?
- It is an independent and statutory body.
- It consists of members having a tenure of six years.
- It acts as a court for arbitration of disputes related to granting of recognition to political parties.
- Being an all-India body, it is also concerned with the elections with the elections to Gram Panchayats and State Muncipalities.
5. Which of the following is not one of the grounds for disqualification for being elected as a Member of Parliament?
- If the person holds an office of profit under the State Government.
- If the person has voluntarily acquired citizenship of a foreign State.
- If a person is so disqualified under the Tenth Schedule
- If the person has/had been detained under the Preventive Detention Law.
Choose the correct option:
- Only 2
- Only 4
- 1 and 4
- 1,2 and 4
6. The Sixth Schedule of the Indian Constitution deals with the administration and control of Scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribes in the four states of :
- Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura and Nagaland
- Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram
- Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland
- Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Nagaland
7. Which of the following Schedules of the Constitution of India has to be amended to provide for the formation of a new State ?
- First Schedule
- Second Schedule
- Third Schedule
- Ninth Schedule
8. The Constitution of India empowers the Supreme Court of India to adjudicate disputes between the Centre and the States through:
- Appellate Jurisdiction
- Original Jurisdiction
- Advisory Jurisdiction
- Writ Jurisdiction
9. Which of the following is a part of the electoral college for the Election of the President but does not participate in the proceedings for his/her impeachment?
- Lok Sabha
- Rajya Sabha
- State Legislative Assemblies
- State Legislative Councils
10. The Swaran Singh Committee recommended :
- The Constitution of State-Level Election Commissions.
- Panchayati-Raj reforms.
- Inclusion of Fundamental Duties in the Indian Constitution.
- Interlinking of himalayan and peninsular rivers.